Matching your prom jewellery with your dress is not just about coordinating colours, but also involves considering the style, the neckline of your dress, and the overall look you want to achieve. Here are some tips on how to perfectly match your prom jewellery with your dress.
- Consider the Dress Colour: If your dress is a bright or rich colour, you might want to choose more neutral, simple jewellery. Silver, white gold, pearls, or diamond-like pieces are perfect in this case. If your dress is black or white, or another neutral colour, you can play up with colourful jewellery or keep it simple with elegant pieces.
- Think about the Dress Style: The style of your dress also determines the kind of jewellery you should wear. If your dress is quite elaborate or heavily embellished, you might want to opt for more subtle, delicate pieces. If your dress is simple and understated, bold statement jewellery can make it stand out.
- Pay Attention to the Neckline: Your necklace should complement the neckline of your dress. For a strapless dress, a choker or short necklace can be very flattering. For a V-neck dress, a pendant necklace or lariat necklace will complement the line of the dress. If your dress has a high neckline, you might want to skip the necklace and focus on statement earrings or a bracelet.
- Choose the Right Earrings: The style of your earrings can also be influenced by the style and colour of your dress, as well as your hairstyle. If you are planning to wear your hair down, smaller earrings could get lost, so consider larger hoops or dangling earrings. Conversely, if your hair is up, you might want to go for elegant studs or small drop earrings.
- Coordinate Metals: If you're choosing metal-based jewellery, try to keep the colours consistent. If your dress has silver detailing, match it with silver jewellery. The same goes for gold. Mixing metals can look cluttered and detract from the overall look.
- Consider Your Hairstyle: Your hairstyle will also impact the visibility and effect of your earrings and other hair jewellery. For an updo, chandelier or long, drop earrings can create a more dramatic effect. For short hair or hair worn down, studs or smaller earrings may be more suitable.
- Balance is Key: The most important rule to remember is balance. If you have chosen a statement necklace, go for smaller earrings. If you're wearing large, eye-catching earrings, you may not need a necklace at all. The aim is to enhance your overall look, not overwhelm it.
- Remember Your Personal Style: Finally, remember that your jewellery should reflect your personal style. If you don't feel comfortable in big statement pieces, there are plenty of elegant, minimalist pieces that will complement your dress perfectly. The key is to feel comfortable and confident in your look.
- Think About Shoes and Bag: Your jewellery should also harmonise with your other accessories, including your shoes and handbag. If your accessories have metallic details, match them with your jewellery. For instance, silver detailing would go well with silver jewellery, and vice versa for gold.
- Consider the Event Theme: Some proms have a specific theme, and it's always fun to incorporate that theme into your jewellery selection. For example, for a vintage-themed prom, you could consider jewellery pieces with an antique feel.
- Watch Your Wrist: When considering bracelets, remember that they are usually best paired with sleeveless or short-sleeved dresses. If your dress has long sleeves, a bracelet might not be visible or could make things look overly busy.
- Don't Forget Rings: Rings can be a great addition to your prom look. If you're going for a more minimalist style, a single statement ring can be a standout piece. On the other hand, if you're going for a boho or eclectic look, stacking several delicate rings can add a nice touch.
- Try it On: When you think you have your jewellery picked out, try it all on together with your dress. Sometimes, what seems like it will work in theory doesn't quite come together in practice. Trying everything on gives you the opportunity to tweak your selections and ensure everything is perfect.
- Timeless over Trendy: While it might be tempting to choose pieces that are trendy, remember that you'll likely look back on these photos for years to come. Choosing more timeless pieces can ensure that your prom look stays classic and doesn't date.
- Comfort Matters: This point cannot be emphasised enough. Make sure that the jewellery you wear is comfortable. You don't want to spend your prom night adjusting a necklace that keeps flipping over or worrying about losing an earring.
- Consider your Eyelashes: While you select your Jewelry you must chose a good brand for your eyelashes so that you looks classy with your elegant jewelry
Above all, remember that your prom is a special night for you to enjoy. Your confidence and the fun you're having will shine far brighter than any jewellery you could wear. So choose pieces that make you feel fabulous, comfortable and true to yourself.